[chirp_users] Installing chirp on Fedora 33

Glenn K0LNY
Thu Mar 18 21:39:23 PDT 2021

I still use Ubuntu 18 so I can use the old chirp.
I don't need any of the chirp updates.
Glenn
----- Original Message -----
From: Eric Oyen via chirp_users
To: Discussion of CHIRP
Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2021 11:36 PM
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Installing chirp on Fedora 33

Hmmmm,

Sounds like it’s time to upgrade python on the developer end. Hardly anyone uses Python2 these days. I just installed SLINT (Slackware for the blind) on my laptop and python2 was not included in any of the build libraries. So, I am going to have to find python2 and install it as a secondary just to get chirp working. Otherwise, I have no way to program any of my radios (no accessibility on the other two platforms). If this isn’t the worlds biggest hint that things need to be updated, then I don’t know what is (other than a 6 mile wide rock plummeting in from space and destroying the planet).

DE n7zzt Eric