[chirp_users] Kenwood TK-760H Radio Refuse...

Mike Allred
Wed Mar 17 11:26:26 PDT 2021

Hello,

New member/user, so apologies if I'm missing something mundane...

I am trying to program a Kenwood TK-760H with Chirp.  I am using a Prolific USB to 6pin cable that is supposedly designed for this radio (and similar).

When I try to download from the radio it appears to partially work.  The display on the radio changes to "- PC -" and shows the PC connection icon in the top left.

However, after a few seconds I get the error message "Radio refuse to enter into program mode after a few tries".

Of course, I never get the configuration from the radio.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Mike