[chirp_users] BAOFENG BF898PLUS CANT NOT FIND PROGRAMMING SOFTWARE?????????????????????????

Bernhard Hailer AE6YN
Wed Jul 21 11:44:03 PDT 2021

On top of what Jim stated: you just need to try it out. Baofeng has an
overwhelming amount of radios which all are more or less the same; there
are only half a dozen differences - unfortunately we don't know about
each individual model they have, unless someone tests it for us. So,
when you look at the list of supported radios
(https://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Supported_Radios), you
will see next to most of the Baofengs something like "Use Baofeng
BF-F8HP", "Use Baofeng UV-5R", etc.

Now, if you find one selection in Chirp which works for you, please let
us know, and we'll add it to the list.

Thanks!
Bernhard AE6YN