[chirp_users] Programming baofeng radios in the high point, Winston Salem, nc area

Jim Unroe
Tue Jul 13 17:40:34 PDT 2021

On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 7:10 PM Jerry Stewart via chirp_users
<chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com> wrote:

> Anyone out there in my neck of the woods that will program a BF-F8HP radio. I have two that will transmit/receive to each other but nothing from other radios of the same kind. I cannot figure out which settings are wrong or which ones need to be set. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> onestewart at gmail.com

Hi Jerry,

If the other radio uses selective squelch in the form of a CTCSS tone
or DCS code, then your radio must transmit the matching tone/code or
the other radio will ignore your radio's transmissions. That is how
selective squelch works.

Your options are...

1 disable selective squelch on the other radios
2 programming the matching CTCSS tone/DCS code on the BF-F8HP.