[chirp_users] Puxing PX-2R "not responding"

Dave B
Tue Jan 12 05:41:46 PST 2021

Hi Christoph.

If you look in the bug report page:-

https://chirp.danplanet.com/issues/6389 that I instigated a while ago...

(Probably needs a login, begin at https://chirp.danplanet.com/login )

It seems from what one of the dev's has said:-

Looks like the number of DCS codes reported by the radio exceeds what
Chirp expects or can handle. Guess we have to look into this.

That was 8 months ago, and as I was the only one reporting a problem, I
guess it's a low priority.   If you could login and add your voice to
the report, maybe, something might happen.

But, I suspect most of the dev's are working to get CHIRP working on
Python3.x rather than fixing low profile bugs like this.   (NOT a flame,
just how it goes, and I understand why that is hopefully a priority.)

I can do a little Python programming, but CHIRP is a huge codebase, and
trying to understand one model of radio's back end, in isolation of the
rest, is nigh on impossible for me.  Else I'd have a go, but from
Bernhard's comment, the problem could be deeper within CHIRP, rather
than the radio's driver/backend code.

73 All.

Dave G0WBX.

--
Created on and sent from a Unix like PC running and using free and open source software: