[chirp_users] Baofeng UV-5R MK4

Galen Thurber
Tue Jan 12 05:40:53 PST 2021

you'll need to upload .img files not csv
download from radio, save as img file
open in chirp csv file
select data banks / slots you want
copy paste over to img
then upload

On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 11:33 PM ken smith <ken.smith29 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have successfully been able to use Chirp to upload .csv files etc. All
> communications between the software and radio seem to work. However, when
> manually loading HAM repeater information, the upload info seems to not
> take correctly. For example, I used the software to put in a 2m frequency,
> no tone, “-“ offset at 0.60 and low transmit power. After the upload, the
> radio shows the correct frequency and memory name but that’s it. The
> transmit power shows Medium (which isn’t even an option in the software)
> and also shows both “+” and “-“ on the radio screen. When keying the mike,
> it shows CT as if there is a tone being transmitted. Something is not
> syncing right but I am not getting any error messages. Any help here is
> appreciated.  _______________________________________________
> This message was sent to galen at galenthurber at gmail.com
> To unsubscribe, send an email to

Hi I've been on-line since late 1992. I'm a: Skeptic, Secular Humanist,
Bright
R.I.P. Reject Identity Politics
My computer recommendations: MX Linux <https://mxlinux.org/i> operating
system, Passwordsafe <https://www.pwsafe.org/>, Pidgin Internet Messenger,
tor anonymous browsing bundle.
ALERTS: Fact or fiction <http://snopes.com>? SCAM <http://quackwatch.com>
Supplements Complimentary Alternative Medicine
These companies have unjustly life-banned me: Eastlink, Facebook,Yahoo!,
Microsoft
Chat XMPP: galen at jabber.at