[chirp_users] "Download from radio" does not bring up clone window

Jim Unroe
Sat Jan 9 16:57:13 PST 2021

Hi Mark,

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 10:47 PM Mark Smythe <mark.smythe at gmail.com> wrote:

> Windows 10 using Valley enterprises USB OPC-478 FTDI and installed recommended drivers.  Cable plugged into PC and IC-2100H.
>
> I can not select serial port or radio without the clone window.
>
> Mark

It sounds like you are trying to upload a tab that was not previously
downloaded from a radio. You can't go File -> New and try to upload
that to a radio. You also can't directly upload a CSV file to any
radio. For this reason, the Upload selection would be greyed out if
either of these two tab types were selected.

You always have to download first to create a tab that is compatible
with your radio. Save the first successful download, unedited, to a
CHIRP Radio Images (*.img) file to be kept in a save place as a
backup. Then edit a second copy as needed. This tab will be permitted
to be uploaded back to the same type of radio that is originally came
from.