[chirp_users] Chirp no work

Jim Unroe
Tue Jan 5 10:43:43 PST 2021

Hi Billy,

On Tue, Jan 5, 2021 at 1:07 PM Billy Joe Higginbotham Jr via
chirp_users <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com> wrote:

> I can’t get my radio to link with my computer. I have the uv-5r and run Windows 7 on my computer. I keep get the message (An error has occurred could not open port [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified.) It like the Chirp can’t see my radio.

It isn't CHIRP that's not working. It is your programming cable that
isn't working. Any programming software requires that the user
provides a complete and working connection between the radio and
computer.

I suggest that you utilize the Windows 7 "Device Manager" application
to help diagnose the problem. It could be as simple as selecting the
wrong COM port. The most likely cause is that the device driver that
was installed by Windows is not compatible with the USB-to-Serial chip
in the programming cable (of even no driver is installed at all).