[chirp_users] Yaesu FT-897D Upload Error

D.J.J. Ring, Jr.
Sun Jan 3 00:44:01 PST 2021

I found the problem.

Advice on the screen when uploading says click "OK" then click "send" on
the FT-897D screen, then a sending progress bar appears.

However when downloading from CHIRP it doesn't have that instruction.

It just says click "receive" on the FT-897D screen.

I just repeated the first sequence I had done moments ago. That's where it
failed.

What I had to do was:

Click "receive" on the FT-897D screen.
Then click the dialog box "OK" on the computer screen.
Then screen changes to a "receiving" progress bar.

It will fail if you click the computer dialogue box "OK" before you click
"receive" on the FT-897D screen.

Maybe improved language would help here.

I knew it wasn't the cable connections if I could upload, but download
failed moments later with nothing changed with my setup.

73

David N1EA