[chirp_users] Yaesu FT-897D Upload Error

Bernhard Hailer AE6YN
Sat Jan 2 21:45:09 PST 2021

Yes, it does make sense. Serial connections use *two* independent data
lines (plus ground): RX and TX.

If you trigger your radio to give you all its data (download contents),
then the radio will use its TX line to feed the RX of the USB cable.
Chirp reads it from there. The radio's RX line is not in use for this task.

But when you try to upload data, then the TX line of your cable tries to
feed into the RX line of your radio. It attempts to send a command
causing the radio to accept data. There's a disconnect. Nothing arriving
at the radio, which otherwise would send an acknowledgement back.

Check your cable and connector.

Regards
Bernhard AE6YN