[chirp_users] With Windows 10, how do you change the driver for a prolific cable?

J. David Aten
Wed Dec 29 14:17:20 PST 2021

I recently tried to roll back the driver for a Prolific cable, but couldn't
get my version of Windows 10 to allow this.  The tab for "roll back driver"
is grayed out.  I tried to use the update driver, which I had downloaded
the correct driver from Miklor, to load in.  It kept saying that I had the
best driver.  Is there a workaround for this, now?  I finally found my FTDI
cable, and then didn't have any problems.  But, I do have a couple of
Prolific cables (no doubt fake), so, I would like to be able to use them.
Thanks, if anyone has a solution.