[chirp_users] Big Sur, Icom-2820H, upload clone hang

Channing Fell
Mon Dec 27 17:37:14 PST 2021

Setup:

PC:  MACBook Pro, late 2014, running Big Sur , USB- OPC-478p cable
Radio:  Icom IC-2820H

Sequence:
- Install and start CHIRP
- install clone cable USB-478p to MacBook, recognized with no errors
- Install device end of same clone cable,  USB-478p to Icom Speaker1
- from CHIRP, download Radio (clone) successful
-  UPLOAD Radio hangs with the progress bar around 95-98% complete
- CHIRP UPLOAD errors out (completion code not received from Radio)
- Remove the clone cable from Icom and it displays “CLONE ERROR”

The process for both download and upload to the IC-2820H works using Windows OS.

I have read a few posts, did some searches on this CHIRP website.. as well as a lot of time on the App support sites… there isn’t much if anything about how Apple changes USB and other function… but haven’t figured it out.

Any hints about where I should/could look to fix the MAC issue?

Thanks for reading…

Respectfully submitted,
Deacon Channing Fell