[chirp_users] Yaesu FT-817ND (US) download / upload issues

rfmcc at juno.com
Fri Dec 17 13:00:38 PST 2021

J.J.Ring. Sorry for the delay in response but had chores and duties to perform to bed down things at the homestead before winter. Download from your radio then using the menu, export as a csv file and send the csv file. I believe I did / do have a copy of the cvs, I will check While I have a copy of the .img file I cannot convert it into .cvs. At any rate, the .img file, previously sent to you reflects the cvs. Were you ever able to upload to the Yaesu FT-817ND?  No, unable to upload to 817ND. Yes, I believe I did upload, but don't know how to check the radio to see if it has done so. I tried uploading but instead of pressing the "A" button I pressed the "C" button, the program stated uploaded for a brief second then disappeared. Therefore I presume it is uploaded. Now if only I can check to see if it is. Any ideas? Do you have a copy of the unmodified img file that you downloaded from your radio before you used any type of software to modify the memories? I believe I do have a copy of the img file, I will check that tomorrow as well. Yes, that is what I previously sent to you. Perhaps your img file got corrupted. That's why CHIRP strongly suggests keeping an unmodified img file of your radio. It is a distinct possibility that it is corrupted. It would seem .img file is intact and not corrupted as per my statement two above.  Open your current img file in CHIRP and export it in csv format. I did an export when downloading my HT's in the past. I will now have to remember how I did it. That my not be relevant considering all above. Do NOT use Microsoft Excel to edit that file, it will produce errors. Use libre office or open office instead. No errors with those. I haven't used Microsoft in ages it seems. I now only use LibreOffice exclusively. Yep, gave up Microsoft way back when.  Take your unmodified img file from where you saved it and upload it to your radio. OK, will do. Did so and I think it went through, but don't know how to confirm.  Does that work without error? Will check and see tomorrow. Not sure as above.

Judge Gives Rioter More Than 5 Years
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/61bcfaa9cb3407aa939aest04vuc1
Trump's Push to Oust McConnell Is Misfiring
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/61bcfaa9ea1a47aa939aest04vuc2
CDC Gives Thumbs-Up to 'Test-to-Stay' COVID Policy
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/61bcfaaa14b907aa939aest04vuc3