[chirp_users] Yaesu FT-817ND (US) download / upload issues

D.J.J. Ring, Jr.
Tue Dec 14 15:43:08 PST 2021

Download from your radio then using the menu, export as a csv file and send
the csv file.

Were you ever able to upload to the Yaesu FT-817ND?

Do you have a copy of the unmodified img file that you downloaded from your
radio before you used any type of software to modify the memories?

Perhaps your img file got corrupted. That's why CHIRP strongly suggests
keeping an unmodified img file of your radio.

Open your current img file in CHIRP and export it in csv format.

Do NOT use Microsoft Excel to edit that file, it will produce errors. Use
libre office or open office instead. No errors with those.

Take your unmodified img file from where you saved it and upload it to your
radio.

Does that work without error?

73
DR