[chirp_users] Port recognition issue

Dennis Mosley
Wed Aug 18 10:02:49 PDT 2021

I plugged a USB card reader into that port on the front of the computer and
it says that port is F:
Then I plugged in the cable and it says nothing. Doesn't even recognize
that port.
Its supposed to be the cable needed to connect my Btech 50+1 GMRS radio.
I saw a video on YouTube saying the correct cable has a chip inside of it.
I bought the one recommended by Amazon for the radio.
<https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017MT7IFG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1>
BTECH PC04 FTDI USB Programming Cable for UV-25X2, UV-25X4, UV-50X2
<https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017MT7IFG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1>

As you can tell I am brand new to GMRS radio.  I'm also 75 yrs old which
isn't helping and I don't have a teenager.
I was in the Army Security Agency and used radios but that was years ago.
I know nothing really about GMRS.