[chirp_users] Port recognition issue

Jim Unroe
Wed Aug 18 08:15:20 PDT 2021

Hi Dennis,

On Wed, Aug 18, 2021 at 11:03 AM Dennis Mosley <mdenmos6 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I downloaded CHIRP.  Plugged my computer cable to a USB port on my
computer and got an Error 3 message saying this port is not recognized.  No
driver.
> I use this port all the time. I purchased the cable from Amazon as being
the one to buy for my Btech 50+1 radio.
> Help would be appreciated.--Your pal. That sweet fella you love, Mr. Dos
XX's himself, Dennis, Den, Denny, Dad, Pops, Grandpa, Uncle, Cousin, Mr.
Mosley, Moe, Comrade, etc.

You are most likely choosing the wrong port. Which port does Device Manager
show as the port assigned to your programming cable? That is the one you
must use.