[chirp_users] UV-S9 Issues

bob at tyroneflats.com
Fri Apr 16 19:04:31 PDT 2021

Here is the compressed img file.

-----Original Message-----
From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com
<chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com> On Behalf Of Jim Unroe
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2021 4:07 PM
To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] UV-S9 Issues

Hi Bob,

On Fri, Apr 16, 2021 at 2:58 PM <bob at tyroneflats.com> wrote:

> I evidently misspoke - it appears I did edit the original files.
> Attached is the image file I created from the first download, then
> edited,  and a CSV which I just now created via Export. "Radio >
> Upload to Radio" is available in both files but neither puts the listed
freqs into the radio.

> Microsoft Outlook doesn't seem to like the .img file so I renamed it
> to .bob. Hopefully you can change it back and have a usable file -
> please let me know.
>
> Thanks Jim

None of the attached files are a CHIRP Radio Images (*.img) file. The one
with a ".bob" extension appears to be a CSV file with the beginning
corrupted. Neither are CHIRP compatible CSV files.

It would be nice to have the original first successful download, but it
would appear that you may not have one. The next best thing would be to get
a fresh download and save it to a native CHIRP Radio Images
(*.img) file. And try ZIPping it before attaching it to an email in Outlook.

Jim