[chirp_users] UV-S9 Issues

Jim Unroe
Fri Apr 16 15:07:04 PDT 2021

Hi Bob,

On Fri, Apr 16, 2021 at 2:58 PM <bob at tyroneflats.com> wrote:

> I evidently misspoke - it appears I did edit the original files. Attached is
> the image file I created from the first download, then edited,  and a CSV
> which I just now created via Export. "Radio > Upload to Radio" is available
> in both files but neither puts the listed freqs into the radio.
>
> Microsoft Outlook doesn't seem to like the .img file so I renamed it to
> .bob. Hopefully you can change it back and have a usable file - please let
> me know.
>
> Thanks Jim

None of the attached files are a CHIRP Radio Images (*.img) file. The
one with a ".bob" extension appears to be a CSV file with the
beginning corrupted. Neither are CHIRP compatible CSV files.

It would be nice to have the original first successful download, but
it would appear that you may not have one. The next best thing would
be to get a fresh download and save it to a native CHIRP Radio Images
(*.img) file. And try ZIPping it before attaching it to an email in
Outlook.

Jim