[chirp_users] Import for BaoFeng UV9r

Jim Unroe
Tue Apr 13 19:18:07 PDT 2021

On Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 9:45 PM Jerry s <jerseyj at superlink.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I’m a new user of CHIRP. I hooked my radio to my Mac and had no problems reading the config and exporting it to a .csv file. I then updated the .csv file as per the attached file.
>
> I’m getting an error saying no channels.
>
> I’ve included the original export to CSV as well as the file I’m trying to import (Merged V1) .
>
> Any clue would be appreciated.
>
> Jerry KB2GCG

Problem #1

The file is double spaced. In other words there is a blank row between
each data row that needs to be removed.

Problem #2

The Duplex field is populated with "(none)". The correct value for a
simplex channel is nothing. In other words nothing should be between
the commas.

Problem #3

There is no value for TStep in the Location 1 and Location 57 row.
Even if TStep is not used for your radio, it is required to be in the
CSV file.

Problem #4

Required data is missing from the Locatioin 55 and Location 56 rows.
If you want memories 55 and 56 to be empty, leave them out.

Repaired CSV file attached.

JIm KC9HI