[chirp_users] Error 5 - when trying to down load from Kenwood TS-2000

Ted
Tue Sep 15 08:44:46 PDT 2020

Hi

I running Windows 10 Build 19041 and Chirp build CHIRP daily-20200909
onHP Probook laptop with one only USB to serial adapter plugged in

To check com port selection (as shown on device manager) and that
adpater/cableis working correctly I have used PuTTY to do loopback test
to these instructions  -
https://www.digi.com/support/knowledge-base/performing-a-com-port-loopback-test-using-putty

This checked out OK

When selecting Radio/download radio and enetering the data after
clicking OK get message " An error has occured could not open port
COM4    (error 5) Acess is denied"

I have checked the rig is powered up (can hear tones) and serial lead is
firmly pushed into the radio's serial port

Suggestions please

73 de Ted G7oBF