[chirp_users] Yaesu FT8900R Cloning

joe
Mon Sep 7 14:28:08 PDT 2020

Hi everyone,

Windows 10 computer

I am trying to clone the Yaesu FT8900R (this is the first time)

I use CHIRP and I follow the CHIRP instructions (same as in Yaesu manual)

I turn on the radio, go to F6 "clone start", then push "set"

Nothing happens...after a few seconds, I get error message stating it could not find the item location (com port).  Tried several times on all four active ports.

Checked "device manager" and the four ports are active and well

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Joe