[chirp_users] Posted as a Bug...or maybe it's not?

Sandy Bressler
Sun Sep 6 17:08:27 PDT 2020

I can setup my channels on the computer and print out a screenshot of what
I have done. Then I send the data to my radio and it is successful for
everything but the DUPLEX settings of - or +. I have tripled checked what
Chirp says I wrote to the radio and it doesn't match what I see when I look
thru the MENU option of 25. For example, Channel 18 should be - and on my
Chirp setting it says that...but when I check the radio MENU setting
(manually) it shows +. The worst part is that if I change it
manually...then it changes OTHER channels. It only seems to be a problem
for the Duplex setting...the frequency remains ok, as does offsets. Also, I
follow strict guidelines to turn the radio off and on and be sure it's on
VFO mode when I activate CHIRP etc.

Am I missing a setting to LOCK IN a DUPLEX - or + perhaps??

Sandy