[chirp_users] Baofeng error “radio not responding “

Jim Unroe
Sun Sep 6 11:27:01 PDT 2020

On Sun, Sep 6, 2020 at 1:04 PM Paul Hansen <paulrhans at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm unable to program my Baofeng UV-9 plus radio as well.  I've been on you tube and searched the internet for instructions but have had no luck finding something that works.  I have a Baofeng cable as well and have downloaded the Chirp software.  I don't know how to tell if you are in the right port but it doesn't seem like any of them are working.
>
> If anyone has any easy to understand instructions on how to program this radio please send them to me.
>
> Thanks,
> Paul

Paul,

If you are running Windows, use the Device Manager application to
determine exactly which port is assigned to your programming cable.

You should be able to plug in your programming cable and see the port
assignment appear under "Ports (COM & LPT)". This is also where you
would determine which chip is in the programming cable and the version
of the driver is installed.