[chirp_users] Enable the Settings Tab in CHIRP?

Benjamin
Fri Sep 4 12:30:48 PDT 2020

Hello,

I've been looking at some of the CHIRP tutorials on YT, and I notice
that some radios like the Baofeng UV5R have a settings tab where global
radio options can be set.

I've set up CHIRP to work with a Yaesu VX-120 (using the vx-170 menu
option - only a keypad difference between the two models) and can
download\upload without issue, but I was wondering if I should be seeing
a settings tab on the left. Not all radios seems to have this tab. Is it
an optional developer feature, or can it be enabled?

Nothing in the user manuals on this unless I've missed it.

Either way, I like the software.

Thanks.