[chirp_users] Programming Baofeng GT3 - Mk11

Jim Unroe
Fri Nov 20 17:01:57 PST 2020

Hi Ken,

On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 7:56 PM Ken Vernon <kennethjv at bigpond.com> wrote:

> Hey Jim, thanks very much for your speedy reply. As suggested I’ve tried uv5r but receive a message advising’an error has occurred - radio did not respond’. Cheers Ken
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On 21 Nov 2020, at 11:43, Jim Unroe <rock.unroe at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Ken,

This is most likely due to the 2-pin plug not being fully inserted in
the socket. The case design of the GT-3 series radios has a ridge that
runs around the socket well. The plastic shell contacts this ridge
before the pins are fully inserted. A workaround for this is to trim
some plastic off of the shell to reduce/eliminate the interference.

See this page (scroll down to GT-3) for more information.
https://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_ErrorMess.php#error1