[chirp_users] Setting CIRP to display name

Jim Unroe
Tue Nov 17 10:24:13 PST 2020

Hi Harold,

On Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 12:41 PM Harold Gray <hlgray14 at gmail.com> wrote:

> When I set B to display the channel name it displays 70CM CA which is the name of frequency 446.000 in stead of the name of all the frequencies that I am using on A.  How can I fix this?

It would help to know which radio model you are talking about. But I
am going to take a guess and assume it is a Baofeng UV-5R or UV-82
like radio.

At the radio you can menu 21 (MDF-A) and menu 22 (MDF-B) to choose the
Memory Display Format (MDF). The choices are CH, NAME and FREQ.

Review the guide that matches your radio model the closest.
https://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_MenuDef.php

Using CHIRP you would use the following settings...

Settings -> Basic Settings -> Display Mode (A): Channel | Name | Frequency
Settings -> Basic Settings -> Display Mode (B): Channel | Name | Frequency