[chirp_users] Ubuntu FF with PPA: Unable to locate package chirp-daily?

Nigel A. Gunn G8IFF/W8IFF
Wed May 20 18:01:06 PDT 2020

> .
>
>     I recently put the free VM from VMWare on my Linux desktop and bought a Win-10 Pro disk off eBay for $25.

But doesn't sound legitimate or legal.

>     It's kinda' clunky but not as clunky as Wine (to me.)

I find Windows on VM to be very slow and doesn't pick up my native screen resolution.

>     I bought a new laptop at Christmas with Win-10.  I was planning to set it up for dual-boot, but I'm reading that Win updates like to overwrite the boot-loader so I might just leave it Win and live with it.

I was dual booting but, like you, found that Windows updates wiped the boot manager.
I'm thinking of buying a cheap Win laptop just for the things I can't do in Linux.

>     Benton 20may20--
>     benton at siletzbay.com mailto:benton at siletzbay.com

Nigel A. Gunn, ///shoulders.outwards.resolutions   tel +1 937 825 5032
Amateur Radio G8IFF W8IFF and GMRS WRBV701, e-mail nigel at ngunn.net www http://www.ngunn.net