[chirp_users] Ubuntu FF with PPA: Unable to locate package chirp-daily?

benton at siletzbay.com
Wed May 20 17:31:15 PDT 2020

On 2020-05-20 15:54, Nigel A. Gunn G8IFF/W8IFF wrote:

> To do that, most will have to go purchase a copy of Windows. That's $150 down the drain.
>
>> On 20 May 2020 at 18:30 Tom Consodine via chirp_users <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com> wrote:
>>
>> Right now the only easy way to run CHIRP on Ubuntu 20.04 is installing
>> WINE and then using the Windows version of CHIRP.
>>
>> Tom ND5Y

I recently put the free VM from VMWare on my Linux desktop and bought a
Win-10 Pro disk off eBay for $25.

It's kinda' clunky but not as clunky as Wine (to me.)

I bought a new laptop at Christmas with Win-10.  I was planning to set
it up for dual-boot, but I'm reading that Win updates like to overwrite
the boot-loader so I might just leave it Win and live with it.

Benton 20may20
benton at siletzbay.com