[chirp_users] Pyenv and CHIRP

D.J.J. Ring, Jr.
Wed May 20 14:19:07 PDT 2020

Hi CHIRPers,

I was going to submit something about pyenv separately but I mentioned it
in a post about Ubuntu current.

The application pyenv which allows using specific versions with certain
programs.

I'm trying to get that very program working to allow me to use python 3.7
on a distro SLINT (Slackware) that only has python 2.7. I've gotten pyenv
working nicely, but I'm having problems installing slpkg a new unofficial
package installer.

Haven't mastered yet, but I'm stubborn.

I'm sure the devs know other means to keep CHIRP working but I just heard
of this, it gives a particular program the python environment it needs and
a shortcut with environmental settings can be put in ,profile file.

73
David
N1EA