[chirp_users] Using Chirp On A Mac

Nolan Darilek
Wed May 13 14:35:30 PDT 2020

Folks, there's lots about the Python 3 port in the list archives. Might
be a good idea to do a search.

In particular, I remember a message a while back from Dan laying out the
challenges specific to porting CHIRP to Python 3. I don't recall the
specifics, but I think string handling/bit manipulation of some sort was
an issue, particularly relevant since CHIRP supports a whole pile of
radios that all likely misbehave in unique ways.

I agree that Python 3 would be nice to have. Just noting that a list
archive search probably takes less time than writing a message like this
one.