[chirp_users] Using Chirp to program the Yaesu FT-50r

Richard K Parrish
Mon May 11 17:13:21 PDT 2020

Thanks for your help.

Got it working.  It would have helped if I read all the instructions first.

Richard K. Parrish, NREMT-P, PC

Course Administrator, Woodstock FD, Com 5

35 Park Drive

Woodstock, NY 12498

845-679-6504

Ritchkp at gmail.com

From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com [mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Richard Gordon
Sent: Sunday, May 10, 2020 4:43 PM
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Using Chirp to program the Yaesu FT-50r

I have an FT-50R and I am using the latest CHIRP release, CHIRP daily-20200430. There is no need to press the PTT 3 times.

The instructions for the FT-50R are to hold the PTT and Knob while powering on the radio. (The knob is on the top of the radio and must be pressed down.) To clarify, press the PTT and the knob and then press the orange power button. All three must be pressed at the same time.

The radio's display will read 'CLON'. From CHIRP select 'Radio' and 'Download from Radio' and then your port, 'Yaesu' and 'FT-50'. Click OK. The instructions will pop-up if enabled. Click OK. Once CHIRP's cloning dialog for the FT-50R is present on the screen, press the PTT once and the radio should clone.

I hope this helps.

Rich Gordon

k0eb