[chirp_users] UV-5R

Joel Leland
Tue Mar 17 14:37:11 PDT 2020

Hello,

I have 2 UV-5R's, Baofeng, which I am attempting to program with a linux,
Zorinos, and a Retevis cable, which I bought with the radios. I have
programmed these radios before using a windows laptop. Now I am unable to
get the radio to communicate with CHIRP. It goes into clone mode and then I
get a "Radio did not respond" error message. This is using /dev/ttyS4,
which is the first one I got a response from.
I am very much the n00b to linux and CHIRP and could use some clear
directions please.

Thank you,
--
Joel F. Leland