[chirp_users] Radioddity QB25

Jim Unroe
Wed Jun 24 07:47:24 PDT 2020

On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 10:05 AM Byron Boggs <kc8ue at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I once again contacted Radioddity Support.  He installed the factory software, set it up for me and then set up Chirp for me.  I have my radio programmed.
> He said to open the factory software first, then open Chirp as the Administrator and it works.  I does work.
>
> Sent from Byron Boggs
> kc8ue at hotmail.com

You don't need the factory software. The reason it works now is
because the CHIRP daily build that was issued a couple of days ago
added an additional MCU-Version (which is probably the one your radio
has - VC4114). Prior to that, your radio couldn't be identified. You
can verify this by looking at the following CHIRP setting...

Settings -> Other Settings -> Fingerprint: {MCU-version}

The MCU-Version is also displayed in the bottom status display area of
the factory programming software.