[chirp_users] CHMOD ...

Pat Anderson
Mon Jun 8 08:44:52 PDT 2020

You are right that the device recreates itself every time it is plugged in
and the chmod is not persistent. However, I am a member of the dialout
group, and that does not give me the required permission to access the
/dev/ttyUSB0 device. I don't know why. So far, only the chmod "trick" if
you will works, and it is not difficult.