[chirp_users] CHMOD ...

W Paul Mills
Mon Jun 8 00:58:20 PDT 2020

While this will work, it is not really the right way to do it. It is
also temporary. These devices recreate themselves every boot, or every
time you reinsert a device.

The right way is "sudo adduser user dialout" Substitue your user name
for "user." On some systems the group may be different.

Example:

wpmills at suzanne1:~$ ls -l /dev/ttyUSB*
crw-rw----+ 1 root dialout 188, 0 Jun  7 18:53 /dev/ttyUSB0
crw-rw----+ 1 root dialout 188, 1 Jun  8 02:49 /dev/ttyUSB1
wpmills at suzanne1:~$

wpmills at suzanne1:~$ sudo adduser wpmills dialout
[sudo] password for wpmills:
The user `wpmills' is already a member of `dialout'.
wpmills at suzanne1:~$

--
* Amateur Radio Station AC0HY                     *