[chirp_users] CHMOD ...

Peter
Sun Jun 7 17:14:48 PDT 2020

Hi all:

I am not sure who came up with the brilliant tip of chmod 777
/dev/ttyUSB0 as I have deleted the email suggesting that.

So THANK YOU for that suggestion. I was getting frustrated trying to get
Chirp on Linux Mint 19.2 to up/download from my new (to me) Icom 2100H.
All I got was error messages that the radio had responded
inappropriately. Until I did the chmod thing. IT WORKED.

So, thanks again. Now I can get going on the next step of a very long march.

Peter, VE3BBN

--
"There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as messing about in boats"  -  Kenneth Grahame  in “The Wind in the WIllows”