[chirp_users] Icom IC-207H

robert.m.shaw
Wed Jul 29 15:21:48 PDT 2020

Yes, I have the software & cable, but it's on a 3.5 inch floppy and I am told it. won't run on anything newer than Win2000.  Thanks,Robert Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device
-------- Original message --------From: Martin Cooper <mfncooper at gmail.com> Date: 7/29/20  3:39 PM  (GMT-06:00) To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com> Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Icom IC-207H The manual indicates that Icom at one time produced software for cloning this radio:===CS-207 CLONING SOFTWARE + OPC-646 CLONING CABLEProvides quick and easy programming of items, includingmemory channels and set mode contents, for local repeaterfrequencies, etc.===So, at least in theory, it's possible.Martin.KD6YAMOn Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 12:52 PM Neil - ee <ne.b at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

i also have said radio. it has no propper means of
programmig. no data/program port.

there had been suggestion of using a interface to
mimic the manual key presses inline with the mic but never heard any more of
that (not via chrip) and ths was only 1 direction as well. ie no read of radio,
just write.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From:
  Martin
  Cooper
  To: robert.m.shaw
  Cc: Discussion of CHIRP

  Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2020 8:37
  PM
  Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Icom
  IC-207H

  Hi Robert,

  The gating factor is usually
  the radio. If none of the developers has one, or has access to one, that makes
  it very difficult to assess what's needed in the driver, and impossible to
  test any code that's written. This is why you'll see an "equipment loan
  offered" field in the issue tracker.

  Martin.
  KD6YAM

  On Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 12:19 PM robert.m.shaw
  <robertm.shaw at verizon.net>
  wrote:

    Martin,

    Thanks.  I am new to the users list.  I see the original
    request is more than two years old.  I wonder how it can get the
    attention of the programmers?

    Robert Shaw
    K5RMS

    Sent from my T-Mobile 5G