[chirp_users] Newest Chirp doesn't seem to work with Python 2.6.6 -- invalid syntax on the anytone778uv.py driver

David Ranch
Sat Jul 18 22:35:31 PDT 2020

Hey Martin,

Good to hear from you!  Hmmm.. I'm using Centos6 here and it does have
an option to put Python27 on to the side so I guess I can give that a
try.  It's just strange to me that certain drivers would use Python2.7
syntax but others would be fine with 2.6 syntax.  I must say, this lack
of backwards compatibility that Python has continued to show
(especially)  through it's various Python3 generations is frustrating!

Thanks for the tip and I'll report back what I see.

--David
KI6ZHD