[chirp_users] Trouble Importing Channels

Jim Unroe
Tue Jul 14 04:25:31 PDT 2020

Hi Glen,

On Tue, Jul 14, 2020 at 2:24 AM Glenn K0LNY <glennervin at cableone.net> wrote:

> Hi All,
> Hoping someone here will be able to help.
> Ubuntu 16.43, and I'm trying to import a CSV file that I have used on my Baofengs, onto a new radio.
> It is a Wouxun KG UV 7D.
> I selected the 6D in the radio list in the Chirp radio selection, since when looking for the manual at the Wouxun site, I contacted them looking for the manual and they suggested I use the 6D manual, because the only difference is the power.

The manual (or how the radio operates) may be the same, but that
doesn't mean internally the radios are the same.

> So the 6D selection should work in Chirp, it would seem.

Maybe for the cloning process.

> My radio is the 2 & 6 meter model.

The Wouxun driver doesn't support 6 meters.

> One thing it says is that I have an error on line 74, and I looked at that with Libra Office and couldn't find any problem.

Line 74 of what? Line 74 of the "wouxun.py" driver is a blank line.
Attach the debug.log file.

> But it leaves out a local repeater channel that normally goes right into a Baofeng with Chirp, and it also left out the 6 meter channels I put in.

The driver doesn't support 6 meters. What frequency didn't go in?

> The channel numbers are there, but no values in the fields.

Without seeing the debug.log file, I would say your radio isn't
supported, or at the very minimum the channels being entered are
out-of-range for the driver (136-175 MHz and 216-520 MHz)

> If anyone has any ideas, or can look over my CSV file, I would much appreciate it.

Send me the CSV file, the debug.log file  and your downloaded CHIRP
Radio Images (*,img) file.

> Thanks.
>
> Glenn

Jim