[chirp_users] Image Files

Kenneth Strom VA3KRS
Mon Jan 20 03:34:47 PST 2020

Now that we are on the subject of Image files...

I was just programming a brand new Retevis RT3 GPS (TYT MD-380 G) and somehow it bricked up.

As I had saved the "fresh new out of the box" Image file I simply resent it to the radio and...reset the radio to Factory specs in mere seconds.

BTW this is the only Reset procedure for all DMR radios, no pressing this and that button nor any Menu settings.  Still it also works on any radio regardless.

Now you know why I cannot emphasize enough saving
the original Factory Image file.

If by chance you never had one, you can also use the stock blank file from the original Factory (CPS) software and send it to the radio.  Then of course, save and label it.

Program with CHIRP afterwards and again, always remember to save your new files.

If you have to do a Firmware Update, first download the correct software from the Manufactures' Website and check for installation instructions on YouTube.  This rarely will you find on the OEM Website or in your Owner's Manual.  And again, save this new Image file and label it.

There are some Manufacturers' that do not supply any OEM programming software.  Sadly, Yaesu comes to mind.  Then just simply use the CHIRP or RT Systems software Image file you created.

Kenneth Strom  VA3KRS