[chirp_users] Programming Troubles

Tony Fuller
Sun Jan 5 09:00:10 PST 2020

I believe that a channel spacing of 12.5kHz corresponds to narrow band fm, or NFM in a lot of chirp drivers. See if changing the mode from FM to NFM helps -- hopefully that is an option.

Tony
________________________________
From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com <chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com> on behalf of Jonas Haiduk <jhaiduk at hotmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 5, 2020 10:52:35 AM
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Subject: [chirp_users] Programming Troubles

My friend gave me a spreadsheet of frequencies programmed into his radio, which included the following
[cid:375c6d51-b334-42c5-b8ed-101eba3ef251]
[cid:a9a868ba-c931-4be8-b64c-55106e542ddd]

I can hear him through my radio, but I cannot send to him so that he can hear me. Attached is a screenshot of what I attempted in CHIRP. I have a feeling the problem I am experiencing is due to the Channel Spacing column from his spreadsheet, which I'm not sure how to deal with in CHIRP

I have a BAOFENG A-58 and am using CHIRP for Mac.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Jonas