[chirp_users] benefits of upgrading

K 0 L N Y Glenn
Sun Feb 9 18:00:32 PST 2020

    Hi,
I'm wondering what if any benefits there would be to upgrading Chirp software, if one's radio is already one of the options to choose from?
I would think that the only benefits would be if the radio you wish to program has not yet been an option, and it was recently added to the selection.
I guess I don't typically read the list of changes added to Chirp, so perhaps I'm missing the obvious.
I sometimes think that if it ain't broke, don't fix it, so I typically don't update my chirp, but when I install a new Live Linux, I typically install a new build.
Just wondering when noticing that someone updated their chirp, and now it does not work for them.

Glenn