[chirp_users] Default Service Settings for Baofeng UV5R

Christopher Knowles
Wed Feb 5 07:08:03 PST 2020

Getting other's suggestions is a good idea.  But when I got my UV-5R
here on Martha'sVineyard, I could hit the repeaters in Falmouth on Cape
Cod but I got no return confirmation tone or transmissions from anyone.
Someone looked up my call sign, found my phone number, and called me to
inform me of that.  I was operating at Squelch level 1, the minimum
programmed into it by Baofeng.  Now, using my settings on my 5-, 8-, and
10-watt Baofengs I have no problem.  I use a mag mount mounted outside
my second-story window on the air conditioner housing and a Cushcraft
Ringo antenna just inside the same window.  Chris Knowles, N1CAK