[chirp_users] BTech 5X3

John
Thu Dec 31 11:02:40 PST 2020

 > I loaded all of the NOAA weather channels, but do not seem to get any
reception on any of them, although I know they broadcast non-stop. Is
there something else I need to do in the setup? Problem exists whether I
scan (and do not skip channel) or input the frequency directly.

You still haven't mentioned which country you are in. Although the
satellites transmit most of the time, they are not geostationary so do
not appear over your position all the time. You need to which satellites
pass over your position and when they are due to pass over. You will
only hear a signal during a pass. There are prediction programs you can
download such as Gpredict and Orbitron to help you determine that.

 > Is there a way to jump directly to a specific channel in memory,
instead of having to step through one at a time using the arrow keys?

https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/baofeng-uv-5r-how-to-directly-change-channels.687660/

 > Is there a way to link the frequency AND the corresponding channel
name in the display, either on the A/B display lines (frequency on one
and name on the other) or by toggling between frequency and channel mode
to see both pieces of data on the same line (A or B)?

In short, no. You can't display data for VFO A on the VFO B line or vice
versa and you can't display frequency and channel name at the same time.
There is, however, a workaround described here that may or may not be
helpful:

https://ham.stackexchange.com/questions/7501/can-a-baofeng-uv-5r-display-both-name-and-frequency-simultaneously

Regards.

--