[chirp_users] Chirp and BaoFeng UV 5R not communicating

Jim Unroe
Sat Aug 22 15:50:05 PDT 2020

On Sat, Aug 22, 2020 at 6:46 PM Charles Gierke <cgierke at cox.net> wrote:

> On Wednesday my 2 BaoFeng UV 5R radios could download and upload to CHIRP.
>
> On Friday all I got was the following message:  Radio Did Not Respond.
>
> I tried reloading the latest version of CHIRP, no change.  I tried an earlier version of CHIRP, no change. I reloaded the latest version back, no change.  Visually the radio's red light blinks then the LED display blinks then the error message shows up on CHIRP.
>

> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks Chuck KJ7INT

Hi Chuck,

You will get the exact same error message if you don't plug the 2-pin
plug into the radio. So make sure that the 2-pin plug is fully
inserted into the socket of the radio. Some have had to put a little
pressure on the plug during the cloning process.