[chirp_users] Chirp and BaoFeng UV 5R not communicating

Charles Gierke
Sat Aug 22 15:44:50 PDT 2020

On Wednesday my 2 BaoFeng UV 5R radios could download and upload to CHIRP.

On Friday all I got was the following message:  Radio Did Not Respond.

I tried reloading the latest version of CHIRP, no change.  I tried an earlier version of CHIRP, no change. I reloaded the latest version back, no change.  Visually the radio's red light blinks then the LED display blinks then the error message shows up on CHIRP.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Chuck KJ7INT