[chirp_users] Chirp will not start in Fedora 31 nor 32 b

Fred
Thu Apr 9 20:33:24 PDT 2020

On Sat, 28 Mar 2020 20:17:49 -0500
Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 28, 2020 at 7:58 PM Fred <fredferickson at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 28 Mar 2020 19:08:50 -0500
> > Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Chirp definitely won't work on Fedora 32 but should on Fedora 31,
> > > which is what I'm running (and I'm the maintainer).
> > >
> > > I would guess that perhaps you have some packages that didn't
> > > upgrade properly?
> >
> > [fred at m5a97r2 ~]$ sudo dnf distro-sync
> > Last metadata expiration check: 2:11:05 ago on Sat 28 Mar 2020
> > 02:40:56 PM AKDT. Dependencies resolved.
> > Nothing to do.
> > Complete!
> >
> > Hit send by mistake.
> >
> > Thank you Richard. I knew a maintainer for Fedora was here but
> > couldn't remember you name.
> >

> Not sure what the problem is without more info then. It should work on
> Fedora 31. It works for me. Perhaps try a:
>
> # dnf reinstall chirp
>
> Thanks,
> RIchard
> KF5OIM

Sorry to have taken so long to reply. Had some issues come up that
required my attention so couldn't spend any time on the computer...

I don't "install" Chirp. I use this wget command from a directory named
chirp - changing the date to match the latest daily build:

wget https://trac.chirp.danplanet.com/chirp_daily/LATEST/chirp-daily-20200409.tar.gz

Then I un-tar the file and run the script file chirpw.

I've done this for several years in Fedora. Think I'll just wait for
F32 to be officially released, then get serious about solving the
problem (if it still exists). I have another machine available if I
need to run Chrip.

Thanks for the help.

Fred, KL7FE