[chirp_users] VX-170 download but no upload

Michal Smialowski
Fri Sep 6 05:38:40 PDT 2019

I am able to download from the VX-170 but not upload.
I take it that the same "clone" mode is used for download and upload.
I note that the data for Rx and Tx go through the same pin on the 4 pin
yaesu connector.
I assume that the Rx and Tx data alternate on the same line because it is
shared.
Question: When uploading to the radio , does the software need to Tx and Rx
to/from the PC to the radio or does it just Tx from PC to radio ? ie is
there handshaking involved or just a steady transmit stream from the PC to
the radio?
tnx
Mike VE7SML