[chirp_users] Baofeng A58S tri-band

Nick G4IRX
Wed Sep 4 08:44:44 PDT 2019

Hello Chirp list,

Picked up a Baofeng A58S tri-band 144/220/430. There seem to a be a few
variations of these tri-banders for sale in UK at present. Using CHIRP
daily-20190829 which works with my other Baofeng radios.

I am unable to get any of the Baofeng models to read the radio, I either
get "Error reading data from radio: not the amount of data we want." or
"Error reading data from radio". Are these models new and currently
unsupported or is there something else I should be looking at?

Thanks, Nick.