[chirp_users] Program cable with CHIRP software

Augliera Jim
Sun Oct 20 22:30:40 PDT 2019

Thanks for the reply Jim. I just wanted to be sure it was ok to continue. I watched a few
You Tube videos, but didn't see this warning message. I'm new to this programming stuff. Rather be safe than sorry. Thank you again.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sun, Oct 20, 2019 at 8:11 PM, Jim Unroe<rock.unroe at gmail.com> wrote:   On Sun, Oct 20, 2019 at 9:50 PM Augliera Jim via chirp_users
<chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com> wrote:

> I purchased the BTECH- Baofeng Tech.com programming cable, #PC03 FTDI Cable Dual Pin, UPC # 7 0174807090409; along with the new BF-F8HP and UV-5R radios.
>
> When I attach the programming cable to the radio and connect the USB end of the programming cable to USB port on the computer; I receive a warning message, telling me this radio's driver is experimental, and asking if I want to proceed? I do have the CHIRP software installed on this computer.
>
> I have attached an image of the warning message. I am not sure if I should proceed or not.
>
> Can you offer some guidance with this?
>
> Thank you,

Yes. Continue and have fun programming your radio.